Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas time is here and it is all around us.
Northern Ireland is no exception. I have been very busy within JIMS this month as I prepare for the celebration of Christ's birth. On the 2nd JIMS had their annual volunteer Christmas party, complete with free Chinese and a classic game of Pass the Parcel. Then on the 3rd JIMS held a lock-in with the Kingdom Youth Centre. It was a great time for the JIMS kids (who are predominately Protestant) to mix with Kingdom kids (predominately Catholic). It was great craic staying up all night making Christmas cookies, playing pool, video games and just chatting.


This past weekend was quite full as well. On Saturday night we had Acoustic Cafe in the Drop-In room. We had a few of our kids play some live music; there was hot chocolate, coffee, tea, milkshakes and tray bakes for sale. At the same time we had a concert in the Function room...Godfry Burtil. He came and held a concert/worship time for anyone 18+. Over all a great weekend.

I finally got to do some Christmas shopping. I was suppose to go to Belfast to see the light and buy some presents. I was anticipating this...

The Belfast Christmas market. With shops full of handmade goods and fun gifts.


But let's not for get this...











(To the left) The Belfast Christmas lights.





Unfortunately I missed my bus to Belfast so I had settle with Newry. Just as fun...not as big. I was able to buy some very nice gifts for my family and have a wee dander around the town with two of my girls from JIMS.

Today I have the GAP Christmas party then on Wednesday I am going to see the school musical. This year they are doing Footloose. The kids have been preparing for this for the past two month and I am very excited to see it.


Until Next time


Ellie


No comments:

Post a Comment