Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Last week Tuesday my mother went to visit my grandparents and help out with my grandpa. When she was about two hours from where they live she received a call from my grandma saying that my grandpa had passed away. Apparently he was having a really good day, his roommate and nurses said he was making jokes and talking to everyone, he even got up on his own that day. But during his PT he passed out and the doctors were not able to revive him. It was a blessing from God that my mom decided to go to visit my grandparents when she did, if she hadn't been with my grandma during this past week it would have been too overwhelming for not only my grandma but for my mother as well.
I ask for thoughts and prayers for my family during this time. This whole things sucks and everyone is sad and grieving. We were all very close with my grandpa and we all miss him.
The memorial service for him won't be until May 7th. Pray that I have the strength to make it through the next few months. This is all very sad and frustrating.

Ellie O'Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment