Thursday, September 13, 2012

Maynooth

I have arrived to Maynooth safe and sound.
I moved into my flat last Sunday and I've had orientation all this week.  It's been a blast getting to know the area and exploring the campus.  I start classes on Monday, I cannot wait to meet my profs and dig into the material.

I like my apartment a lot, I have 4 other roommates.  Two of them are from America and only staying for this first term, the other two are from Ireland and are full degree students like myself.  I have my own room and bathroom which is very nice.  There's a shared kitchen/dinning room and living room.  The campus is absolutely beautiful (pictures to come!) and the town is super quaint and cozy.
Other than my roommates I've made a few friends, mostly people from the international community.  The university is very good about putting on events for the international students.  I've met people from Germany, Spain, France, Denmark, China and Holland.  The Irish have been super friendly and helpful, as per usual to the Irish culture.

At this point I still need to check-in with immigration and do some pre-lecture reading that some profs have assigned online.  My major is Anthropology and I am taking two other courses this year which are, Spanish and philosophy.  I'm also signing up for clubs and campus societies.  This is really exciting to me the clubs I plan on being a part of are:
-International Society
-Basketball
-Ultimate Frisbee
-Composers Club
-Music Society

That's about it.  I might be overestimating myself, but I figure the best way to meet people and make friends
is to just get really involved.

That's is for now from me.
Some prayer points:

  • Meet/Make friends
  • Find a church
  • Abiding in God and having the confidence He is with me.  
Ellie O'Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment