Friday, September 7, 2012

A New Beginning

Hello everyone!

So I sort of lost track of keeping up with blogging in the last few months of being at JIMS.
Since my last post, I got accepted to the National University of Ireland in Maynooth, I finished up my commitment at JIMS, went home for the months of August, and now I am back in Kilkeel getting ready for school to start.
I arrived in Kilkeel yesterday and have spent my time connecting with my friends again and seeing everyone. I'll be here until Sunday, at that time I will move to Maynooth.
I am so excited to start university and live in a whole new town...it's like a whole new beginning for me (cleverly tying in the title of this post).  I'm a little anxious to start, just because there is so much that needs to be done.  I am practicing my trust in God and more so, giving all my worry and anxiety to God.

Being back in Michigan this past month was so good for me.  I came back and it surprised me how God has been moving in my town.  There is such an evident hunger for something more among the people of South West Michigan.  Hearts are turning to Jesus, and others are showing and exploring their curiosity of God and what's even better even MORE people are living out their faith.  Since I had been back, I heard numerous stories of mission trips and outreaches in the community.  It's amazing to see God on the move like He is.

I will try to be much better at updating this blog.
Prayers for:

  • Moving in and getting settled in Maynooth
  • Give thanks to the Father for all the opportunities and open doors He presents to us
  • My family as we start a new school year
  • That God shows up and shows off in this new beginning and having the eyes to see Him do it.


In Christ
Ellie O'Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment